- Each block has a light triangle, two mediums and a dark.
- First you'll pair a light square and a medium, and a dark square and a medium, RST (right sides together)
- Draw a line corner to corner on the wrong side of one square in each pair. Sew 1/4 inch on each side of the seam and cut apart on the line. Press the seam to the darker side--gently, don't stretch it. Do the same with the other pair.
- Take those two squares and place them RST with the medium of one square opposite the medium on the opposite square. Draw a line corner to corner on the wrong side, sew 1/4 inch on either side of that line and cut it apart down the line. Gently press open.
- That's it--you have your first block.
You can find tutorials on making half square (1st step) and quarter square (2nd step) triangles on youtube. I would use graph paper to draw and color in my design before I started. My finished blocks are 5 1/2 inch square.
Hope this helps!