Friday, May 24, 2013

Round and Round We Go!

The wedding is over---and it was such a beautiful, magical, perfect day!  I'm still waiting (anxiously) on pictures.  It isn't that the images aren't vivid in my mind, but I know there is a lot our photographer saw and captured that I missed--can't wait to see what she has for us.  Katie was beautiful---breathtakingly beautiful--that was obvious from Ryan's expression when he saw her at the end of the aisle.  So many people who love them were there to celebrate that we wound up bringing in chairs at the back of the church, and the reception was the best party I've been to in a long time.  I promise to post pictures when I have them!

In the meantime, I'm still quilting away---but now I'm to the edge on one long side of the wedding quilt and about to start the next one.  No more downloading Kindle books until it's finished!  That has been my downfall, especially the first week after the wedding when I was soooo tired.....but here are a couple of shots of the first side---27 swags to go!!!


4 comments:

  1. Your quilting is wonderful Joana. I am not a hand quilter, but I sure do love and appreciate it. What an heirloom treasure you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, BJ--I feel the same away about your beautiful art quilts. Your Dandelion Fluff keeps coming to mind and making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Making real progress Joana! It must be a good feeling to be working on the swags. I hope to start block five on BG this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're going to be finished and have started quilting before I pull out the pattern and fabric to start! How exciting to be so far along!

      Delete