Friday, January 25, 2013

Ta Dah!!!!

Do you remember those nature films teachers used to show years ago?  The ones where a seed would sprout, grow into a plant, and bloom in just a minute or two?  I loved those movies!  I'm pretty sure they used to show them on Sunday nights on the Disney show, but we were always at church on Sunday nights---except for the one Sunday night each year when my brother and I were suddenly taken ill.  Strangely, this seemed to coincide with the broadcast of "The Wizard of Oz," which is really a terrifying picture if you think about it....

Any way---last night I posted pictures of my Baltimore Album quilt top.  Tonight, I am happy to present.....(drum roll, please!).....the finished quilt.  Ta-Dah!!!!


















A million thanks to Mimi Dietrich and her book, Baltimore Basics.  Although it is now, sadly, out of print, my very wonderful husband ordered a copy of it directly from Mimi for my birthday.  I really challenged myself with this quilt--new techniques, fabrics that were out of my comfort zone--and I'm really happy with what I've learned.  And now....on to the next quilt....'cause there's going to be a wedding.....:)












9 comments:

  1. I never would guess there were new to you techniques on this quilt. Your work is fabulous and the fabrics wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, BJ! It was a joy to work on. :)

      Delete
  2. You did a beautiful job on this quilt! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caron--I'm so glad you like the quilt!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful finish! Doesn't it make you a little giddy? It does me and it's not even my quilt! :D
    You had me from the beginning with those fabulous fabrics and sneak peeks at the blocks in progress. Love the little bluebirds and the quilting just makes the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jan--thank you so much! I can't take credit for the fabric selection--our quilt guild secretary and her sister chose them--but yes, I am a bit giddy with finishing it. I can't wait to see your DWR--it's going to be amazing!

      Delete
  4. What a stunning quilt!!! I love the fabrics... it's gorgeous!! :o)

    ReplyDelete