Wednesday, September 5, 2012

More Baltimore Blocks

I have finished a few more of the blocks for my guild challenge quilt.  If you remember, I decided to combine two challenges--using the fabrics for the challenge without buying more of any of the fabrics, as well as making a beginner Baltimore album quilt.  I'm using Mimi Dietrich's Baltimore Basics and having a blast!  Anyway, here are five more of the blocks--just two more to go, then sashing, borders and on to the quilting!  I have until the end of January, but that isn't all that far away, is it?





 Well, there they are--not perfect, but I think they look pretty good.  

9 comments:

  1. At the risk of gushing, these blocks are simply beautiful. BAQ blocks are something special, aren't they? Even though these are from a "basic" or "beginner" book, they still look complicated, interesting and classy. And isn't is crazy how giddy we can get about certain fabrics? These colors and values do it for me. I look forward to seeing the sashing and borders. Great way to combine the challenges - using the fabrics while learning or perfecting new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks. I too, am looking forward to seeing the completed quilt. Sue in mid MI, http://suesjourneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue--I have the top together and have started working on the appliqued border. I'll post pictures soon!

      Delete
  3. What a lot of work!!! You are doing a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful work.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  5. No posts from you in a while. Are you still working on the Baltimore blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen---thank you for asking! I've been really remiss about posting here--not sure why other than having been caught up in working on this quilt. Hang on---I have pictures of the finished top I'll post tonight....

      Delete