Today has not been a fun quilting day. It should have been---I finished quilting the 140 blocks of the Tetris quilt last night and got started on the border, but I realized I had a problem when I was quilting the last few rows. This quilt has three rows of black blocks at the top and then black outer borders. I had been dealing with a lot of lint and fuzzies on the quilt, but I assumed that they were just from the exposed batting at the edges. But as I quilted the black blocks, I found I had a white quilting line--the batting was coming out as I drew the thread through. I had been using a lint roller, but it wasn't working. This is what it looked like:
Quilters are a great bunch--I asked for advice from some really busy quilters, a couple who are nationally known ones and some not so well-known. Bottom line--once this happens, it's going to keep happening. Washing the quilt won't help, and a lint roller will just continue to pull out more batting. So out comes by trusty seam ripper......looks like it's going to get a lot of use in the next few days.