Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Buttons Scattered Everywhere!

 As I told you in my post yesterday, our Katie's junior recital was Sunday afternoon.  She gave an amazing performance, and her joy in the music was contagious.  Katie will graduate next year from the same college as her grandmother and I.  She has been studying piano since she was six years old, and in spite of all our moves here and there, her first piano teacher was a piano major at this same college, now Shorter University---and last year, he taught Katie's course on composing.  How cool is that!  Here are a few pictures, including one with her boyfriend Ryan, who will be performing his senior recital (vocal performance) at Shorter in two weeks.  You can probably imagine how proud Katie's dad, brother and I are of her--so much so that we just busted the buttons off our shirts with pride. 


Katie and I sat in this chapel almost three years years ago for the first part of freshman orientation--I remember sitting in one of the pews after she left, praying that God would bless her during her time at Shorter.  He has!


Now that Katie's recital is over, it's her turn to take care of Ryan as it gets closer to his recital and graduation.  Just one more year, and it will be her turn!

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful Joana! She is gorgeous and I am sure her music was as well. You have every right to feel very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! I remember when Molly, our oldest, had her junior recital... we were very proud of her and it was such a big deal (she played/plays French Horn). How time flies, doesn't it? Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is gorgeous and she and her boyfriend look so happy. I love it when parents burst their buttons over their children's accomplishments! We could use a bit more of that these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful girl! Handsome fella. I was in awe of the concert hall. I'm so glad it went well. Hope you find all those buttons, but what a great reason to have to look for them! :D We're proud of her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to each of you--it was a really special day.

    ReplyDelete