Friday, February 17, 2012

What'll I Say?

When I started thinking about setting up a blog, the intimidating part was the technical stuff--how to do it, where, and how do people get all those cute buttons to show up on their pages anyway (still working on that one).  It never occurred to me that, having done all that, I would find the hard part to be committing words to paper--or screen.  I always have words.  I love reading other blogs and commenting on the posts, even though I know that it's unlikely that anyone will ever see my thoughts--the act of putting the words out there is so powerful and satisfying that it's worthwhile even if no one ever sees them.  I guess I've answered my own question--writing this first post is significant to me because this time it's mine, just mine, unfiltered. 

My son (and tech support) tells me that this first post should give some idea of what my blog is going to be about.....as if that is an easy task!  Here goes--.......no, wait.....Here goes.....oh, gosh.....I'll be writing about quilting, cooking, husband, quilting, almost grown/almost gone kids, life after home schooling, being a SAHM after the kids leave home,  being the adult daughter of an aging parent.....and quilting.  Whew!  Want to see a picture of my most recent quilt?  


6 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to blog. I am a fellow hand quilter who would love to have friends who hand quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm still in shock that someone read my blog--my son pointed out that it's supposed to work that way. :)

      Delete
  2. This is very nice well done
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan, I've never done a blog either but always thought it would be fun but wondered who would be interested. I do love quilting, so when I saw your invitation I thought it might be fun to join in with someone that has same interests. I live in FL and belong to a quilting group in an RV park where I use to live. My husband and I bought a house near the park and live full time in North Port, FL. The group is great they come from different parks of the country and bring in lots of new ideas and skills each fall when they arrive. Currently I am working on a quilt for my sister/friend that has just found out she has breast cancer. She is a quilter and never makes quilts for herself, she makes them for friends and family. I'm hoping she will love that I have made a quilt just for her. Next project will be my quilt challenge that needs to be done by mid-March..so I need to get busy. Also a wedding present quilt for my daughter and new hubby..buy June. I know quit typing and get sewing. and bty I have the some problem trying to finds things that are right in front of me...have a great day..Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no room to talk, Andrea--I'm on the computer instead of working on my Double Irish Chain. What a great group of RVers you have--sounds like lots of fun.

      Delete